Monday, October 28, 2013

Xtra Big Cardigan

I had this wonderful material for a couple of years and I didn't know what to do with it. I forgot how many metres I bought and how much it cost me. Finally I've decided to make this wonderful extra big cardigan from Burda magazine 7/2013, model no. 109. I chose size 36, even though I wear a bigger size. But because the pattern is a bit oversized & baggy I thought it would be fine. It turned out great. It's a bit colourful for a cardigan, now I see that cardigans & jackets should be in darker tones and in monochrome so that you can wear something colourful underneath. Now I have to be careful not to look garish or gaudy. It goes well with jeans.





monochrome- in shades of only one colour, especially shades of greygarish- very brightly coloured in a way that is unpleasant to look atgaudy-clothes, colours etc that are gaudy are too bright and look cheap (Longman dictionary) 
The best bit is that I had only 1.5 m and the pattern needed over 2m of fabric. So I had to make a cut at the bottom, it's still the same lenght as the original, it was just not cut in one piece but two pieces. It doesn't look bad, especially because it's so colourful that you don't even notice the extra seam.

Some of the details






No comments:

Post a Comment